Suz's Raisin Bran Muffins
1 C all-purpose flour
1 C whole wheat flour
1 T baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 1/2 C skim milk
1/2 C molasses
1/2 C honey
1/2 C egg substitute (eq. of 2 eggs)
1/4 C no-sugar added applesauce
4 C raisin bran cereal
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease muffin pans or line with paper baking cups.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate large bowl, mix milk, molasses, honey, egg, and applesauce. Mix in the cereal and let sit for 10 minutes to allow cereal to absorb liquid.
- Gradually add flour mixture to cereal mixture and stir thoroughly to combine. Batter will be runny, but that's ok.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. (Depending on the size of your muffin cups, this recipe will yield between 20-24 muffins.)
- Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from pan immediately and allow to cool. (Although I highly recommend eating one while still warm, with a tiny pat of butter. Yum!)