What makes a shower a Scrabble shower, you ask? (Well, my Aunt Lori asked, at least, so I will answer here for her and anyone else who might be curious!) To start with, in their invitation each guest was given a letter and asked to incorporate that letter into their gift and also come prepared to share a piece of advice starting with that letter. So, for example, I received napkins for N, Oxo utensils for O, wine glasses for G, ivory sheets for I, a cookbook and cake pans for C, etc. I also received some great pieces of marital advice, including:
- Talk - don't assume he can read your mind. (He can't.)
- Kiss often.
- Cuddling is free.
- Pray together.
- Be best friends, but keep your girlfriends.
- Make him do the heavy lifting.
- Keep Jesus at the center of your marriage.
- Choose to focus on the 90% you love about him and not the 10% that drives you crazy.