Friday, October 08, 2010

Autumn, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

Pic taken at Devil's Lake in 2008
1. Pumpkin spice lattes
2. Scarves
3. Sweaters
4. The rustle of leaves
5. Maple trees in deep red and yellow
6. Apple picking (followed by apple cooking & eating!)
7. Hay rides
8. Corn mazes
9. Hot chocolate
10. Squash
11. Pumpkins & gourds
12. Spiced apple cider
13. Blue skies & brisk breezes
14. Caramel apples
15. Cinnamon & cloves
16. Candy corn
17. Acorns
18. Corn stalks
19. Sweet potatoes
20. My anniversary

And that's just the short list! Though it might not feel like autumn outside today (where'd these 80 degree days come from?!) I am reveling in autumn with all of my senses...the tastes, sounds, scents, views, and textures of the season never fail to delight and inspire.

Next week I'll be celebrating autumn online with my blogging friend Kristin at Windy Poplars. Visit her blog Monday through Friday for her Fall Festival featuring autumn-themed posts and giveaways!
Windy Poplars

No comments: