Tuesday, October 12, 2010

An Autumn Day in the Garden

Beautiful day. Picturesque setting. Pleasant companions. What more could a girl ask for? Today I had the privilege of taking a "field trip" to the Chicago Botanic Garden. Here are a few pics from the excursion:
 
 
 
 
 

I don't know if it's the unusually warm autumn we've had so far, or my own ignorance (most likely the latter!), but I've never seen or known so many flowers to be in bloom during a Midwest autumn. What an artistic, creative, generous God we have!

Speaking of autumn's splendor...have you visited Kristin's Fall Festival yet over at Windy Poplars? Click on over and check it out - something new every day this week!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

These photos are GORGEOUS Suz! Seriously...calender quality!

Jensamom23 said...

Oh what lovely photos!

Alyssa Whitt said...

Beautiful! I've been wanting to grab a camera and just snap pictures outside!