Monday, March 01, 2010

A Year of Deer, Episode 9: Three Bean Venison Chili

Sunday evening we had Allison & Alex over after church for dinner and The Amazing Race. For this episode I fell back on one of my tried and true recipes (Three Bean Turkey Chili) and just substituted ground venison for the ground turkey. The venison tasted right at home among the tomatoes and spices. True to prior experiences with this recipe, the chili was incredibly tasty. (I think I mention this every time, but this chili recipe is also ridiculously quick and easy, which is why it's one of my favorite go-to meals.) I used medium instead of mild salsa this time, and upped the spices a little, so it had a bit more kick than usual. I also added some water to thin it out a bit, since I made it on the stove before church and then put it in the crock pot on warm for a couple hours before we ate. I forgot about snapping a few photos until after we'd started eating. I was done with my salad and on to my chili when I remembered. Here's my bowl (empty salad plate above!), and our friends:

No comments: