Friday, February 09, 2007

Rocky Mountain Highlights - #3

I am happy to report that I have finally found a winter sport where you strap things to your feet in which I can participate with minimal danger of physical injury or psychological distress: snowshoeing. It's great! Last Saturday Chris, Janelle, and I rented snowshoes (or rather, intended to rent but instead discovered that a guy who used to be in C&J's small group works at the outdoor equipment shop in Estes Park and he outfitted us with snowshoes for free) and spent the afternoon tromping through Rocky Mountain National Park, which happens to be one of my favorite places in the world. Although it was ridiculously windy that day, we still had a great time hiking around Sprague Lake and then up to Bear Lake, Nymph Lake and beyond. Having done the Nymph Lake hike last January in just sneakers, it was really remarkable what a difference the snowshoes made...no wonder people looked at us like we were crazy last time.

No comments: