Monday, February 27, 2006

Bang it like you mean it.

This is my friend Hal.


Hal has been elected as my small group's new "Cultural and Social Events Coordinator" due to the success of this past weekend's activity (undertaken by a large contingent of the group based upon his hearty endorsement) of an evening at Rhythm, a jembe club in Chicago.

While my palms and forearms are still paying for it two days later with their share of soreness and bruises, late into the night on Saturday I pounded away my frustrations while attempting to positively contribute to the overall "music" of the drum circle. It felt good to let all of the thoughts and anxieties that have been crowding my brain for the past month or so be drowned out by the beat of the drum--a little kinesthetic therapy for a restless mind.

No comments: