Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Thoughts on Turning 25

The funny thing is, I don't have many. I had intentions of sitting down and writing this insightful retrospective on reaching the quarter-century mark, but as I sit here and stare at the screen, I've got nothin.' Twenty-five feels pretty much like 24, it just sounds older.

In the absence of the profound...a brief report. My birth-day turned into a birth-weekend, as none of my friends' schedules coincided, so the festivities stretched from dinner with my family on Friday, through brunch and a matinee with Charity on Saturday, to dinner with Allison and her dad Saturday night, to lunch with the other Allison after church on Sunday. Oh, and then my sweet small group had a cake for me last night. So, you see, for my 25th birthday I received many times over the gifts of quality time, love, and multitudinous calories. And I savored them all. :)

No comments: