I was perusing the blog of a high school friend today and learned about the Kindred Connection. I've decided to participate, since I could use a little encouragement and inspiration. My default of late has been chronicling the venison endeavor, but I would like to get back to blogging about other things as well, and one of the best ways to be inspired is to discover what other kindred spirits are blogging about out there! Besides, the topic for this week was irresistible: food.
This was my entree from a recent date night at Shokran Moroccan Grill. I don't remember what it was called, but it was absolutely delicious. It was also an enormous portion that fed me twice! Travis ordered a lamb dish, and it was the best lamb either of us have ever had. My fork kept wandering over to his plate for another bite!
- What is your favorite ethnicity of food? This is a tough one! My husband and I are in the midst of a "culinary world tour," in which our goal is to try the national cuisine of as many countries as we can find restaurants. (Yes, I could (and have) tried making some dishes at home, but it's hard to judge the cultural authenticity of a dish and cuisine you've never had before!) We recently tried Moroccan, and it was delish. I would probably say Spanish food is my favorite, though, and what's great is that I'll be eating it, in Spain, for the next two and a half weeks!
- If you could eat only one meal for two weeks straight, what would it be? I would be content with Egg Harbor's Door County Chicken Salad for a fortnight. Great taste, and all the food groups represented!
- What is the "signature" dish that you cook? (you know, that always receives rave reviews and/or you get requests for the recipe - feel free to share the recipe!) Well, since marrying a hunter, I've become the wild-game-go-to girl among my friends (although to date I've only actually cooked venison and some Lake Michigan salmon). I think my signature dish, though, is my Three Bean Turkey Chili. It's probably the one meal I've made the most times, and everyone who's tried it has eaten it right up.
- Is there something that you just can't handle eating - like gag reflex? Chicken feet. My best friend's husband orders them when we go out for dim sum, and I can't even watch him eat them.
- Do you think that the Kindred Connection should continue through the summer, or take the summer off? Please continue! I just found you!