Thursday, November 19, 2009

It's Beginning to Sound a Lot Like Christmas

Ever since I discovered it a few years ago, Andrew Peterson's Behold the Lamb of God: The True Tall Tale of the Coming of Christ has been one of my favorite Christmas albums. One of the reasons I love it is that it's so much more than a Christmas album. Over the course of twelve songs, Peterson, an excellent lyricist, tells the Bible's whole story of redemption, from Moses and the Passover, to Jesus, the Lamb of God slain to take away our sin. Plus, who else could put Jesus' genealogy, as recorded by Matthew, into an incredibly catchy tune?! I have yet to catch a stage performance of this album (though I would love to...they're on tour again this year, so I just might yet) but will definitely be listening to these songs again this season.

Know what?! You can too, for free! Andrew has an online player where you can listen to the whole album. [The only catch is that after each song you have to click on the next one for it to play--it won't just play through on its own. But really, you'll be so eager to hear what's next that having to click on the next song won't be an issue.] So, go have a listen. You'll be glad you did. Then if you'd like, you can purchase the album on iTunes or from the store at the Rabbit Room.

What's your favorite Christmas album? Leave a comment and let me know!

No comments: