Monday, February 16, 2009

Raspberry Lemonade Party Punch

Yesterday afternoon I threw a bridal shower with Jenn, another bridesmaid, for our friend Bethany who's getting married in April. Given it was the day after Valentine's Day, our "conversation hearts" theme was easy (and fun) to run with. I used a candy heart generator I found online for designing the invitations and bridal bingo game. The favors were decorated sugar cookies (see photo) Jenn ordered from Kudos Kookies - they turned out great!

The menu consisted of fresh fruit with margarita dip, cucumber slices and crackers with dollops of Jenn's amazingly tasty garlic herb cheese spread, cake, and candy hearts (of course). I also threw together a punch that turned out so tasty, I thought I'd share the recipe. Enjoy!

Raspberry Lemonade Party Punch
2 2-liters of raspberry ginger ale
1 1/2 C powdered lemonade mix
1 bag frozen raspberries
1 tub raspberry sherbet
ice

Pour ginger ale into a large punch bowl. Add lemonade mix and stir until dissolved. Add raspberries, ice, and about 5-6 scoops of the sherbet. Replenish punch with more ginger ale, lemonade mix, ice, and sherbet as needed.

No comments: