Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Now List

Some days, there's something strangely satisfying about filling in the answers to a questionnaire. Especially when the questions are really easy to answer. This is one of those days. And so, here's the Now List, borrowed from Jason Boyett over at his blog.

What I am listening to right now:
The muted sounds of a train rumbling by on the Union Pacific West Line a block away.

What computer I am using right now:
The one at work. It's a Dell. I'm not technical, so that's pretty much all I know about it. It's black. I like it. It's good to me.

What I am eating right now:
My lunch, which consists of pasta salad and baby carrots with hummus. [As an aside, I think baby carrots are one of the greatest "inventions" of the last quarter century, and I'd like to give a shout out to Mike Yurosek who came up with the idea back in the late 1980s. The vegetable section of my food pyramid is visited a lot more often because of him.]

What I am drinking right now:
Water

What I have just finished doing:
Printing labels for data CDs filled with resources for mission education in the local church.

What I will do immediately after posting this:
Wrap up my lunch break and get back to work.

What I am reading now:
Recapture the Wonder by Ravi Zacharias
The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
Proverbs by King Solomon

Last email I received:
Was two minutes ago, from a friend who'd like me to edit a letter for her (which I am happy to do).

Last text I received:
Was last night, something sweet and profound from my boyfriend.

Last blog entry I read:
The one that came after the one where I got this list, a cautionary post about injuries one might sustain from a case of mooning gone awry, entitled "This Is Why You Don't Do That." It made me laugh.

What I did last night:
Enjoyed dinner with Travis, followed by my weekly bookseller gig at Barnes & Noble.

What I'm doing tonight:
Sorting through some stuff at home so I can start packing. Really. I mean it this time.

What I just looked at right now:
The tub of hummus.

1 comment:

NoCoMom said...

This is fun! I may have to use it. : )