After quite a bit of research online to see what my options were (the Hubs knows me well, and wisely discerned that while I asked for a spice rack for Christmas, I would want to pick it out myself, and so at his invitation I did), and after contemplating what was really important to me when it came to my spices, I decided on The Spice Stack. It met my criteria of:
- I can leave my spices in the bottle they came in.
- It can accommodate various sizes of spice containers.
- I can arrange the spices in the order I choose.
- It fits in a cabinet (and specifically my unconventionally-sized over-the-sink cabinet).
- It has space for labels, so that each spice has a designated home.
- It requires no hardware or installation (since we rent).
I regret that I did not think to take a "before" picture before I embarked on my spice system overhaul. It was only after I'd finished and stepped back to admire my organized cupboard that I thought "this is so beautiful I should take a picture and blog about it." And so here I am. I apologize that the photo quality isn't great, but hopefully you can still get a sense of the blessed orderliness the Spice Stacks have brought to my kitchen. (These go for $24.99 at Bed, Bath, and Beyond if you're interested. And don't forget to use one of their 20% off coupons!)