Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The List of Fours

So, my friend Mary recently blogged her "List of Fours" and because I'm a sucker for lists, I'll take the bait and post my own.

Suz's List of 4s

four jobs I have had in my life:
1. summer camp counselor
2. waitress at IHOP
3. kitchen knife direct sales representative
4. envelope stuffer

four movies I would (and do) watch over and over:
1. Pride and Prejudice (the A&E version)
2. Ever After
3. Much Ado About Nothing
4. Sweet Home Alabama

four places I have lived:
1. Illinois
2. Ohio
3. Indiana
4. Spain

four TV shows I love to watch:
1. The Amazing Race
2. CSI
3. Gilmore Girls
4. What Not to Wear

four places I have been on vacation:
1. Seattle & Washington
2. Boston
3. Nashville
4. Salzburg

four of my favorite foods:
1. queso de cabra (goat cheese in a marinara-like sauce spread on toasted bread) at Cafe Ibérico
2. steak burrito at Chipotle (how I miss thee!)
3. my mom's apple crisp
4. pasta milano at Macaroni Grill (minus the mushrooms)

four places i would like to be right now:
1. hiking through Rocky Mountain National Park with friends (properly bundled up)
2. sitting at a table on the patio of the restaurant in Sevilla that's just off the Plaza de Cuba and right across the river from the Torre del Oro, watching the setting sun glint off the tower's sides
3. curled up on the couch with a mug of hot chocolate and the company of my best friend in Menomonie
4. having dinner with my future husband

four books i'd read again:
1. Ragamuffin Gospel (Manning)
2. Ibid: A Life (Dunn)
3. Girl Meets God (Winner)
4. the whole Thursday Next Literary Detective series (Fforde)

four songs I listen to over and over:
1. Only You (DCB)
2. Something Beautiful (Jars of Clay)
3. Let Go (Lindsay McCaul)
4. Your Grace is Sufficient (Shane & Shane)

four things I despise:
1. mushrooms
2. worms
3. styrofoam
4. coconut

four random things I love:
1. wrapping myself up in a bath towel that's straight from the dryer
2. when I see God weaving a theme through my life to get my attention
3. well-built men in cableknit turtleneck sweaters
4. laughing with friends, so hard and long that we curl up and fall over as tears roll down our cheeks

Leave a comment if/when you post your own list!

No comments: