Friday, October 30, 2009

Suz's Rad Stuff: Gourmet Affy Tapples

This post is a twofer: it's both an installment of Suz's Rad Stuff and another "nugget" review of the wedding.

For as long as I can remember, autumn has been my favorite season, and I dreamed of an autumn wedding that would incorporate some of the season's best colors, textures, and tastes. One of the ways I was delighted to be able to run with the autumnal theme was through the favors at the reception. We sent each guest home with a gourmet Affy Tapple in one of five flavors (plain caramel, original peanut, milk chocolate almond, double chocolate crunch, or m&m) with a note of thanks for celebrating with us.

Take it from me (and from the many guests we heard from later) - these apples taste even better than they look (and they look delicious)! I don't know how widely Affy Tapple distributes their apples, but if you happen to see these for sale somewhere, know that you won't be disappointed if you bring one home. (One of the bridesmaids confessed to me that her apple didn't even make it home from the reception, but was consumed in the car along the way!)

If you live in the Chicago area, you should know that you can stop by the Affy Tapple factory store in Niles and pick some up for cheap. They also have caramel corn, chocolate covered pretzels, fudge, and other items of sweet goodness.

No comments: